Monday, February 3, 2020

Drew Psencik: Project 1 Castle

Design Intent:

When I initially explored the castle assignment, I knew I wanted to create something based on traditional castles with a fairly simple design, this allowed me to explore the many tools of Rhino and create a piece with detail. This also allowed me to create a basic environment around the castle to ground the piece.




Techniques:

I started by using several basic geometric shapes to create the initial design. Then I used a combination of rectangular array and Boolean differences to create the details around the castle and the bridge in front. These techniques were also used for the moat surrounding the castle and the bridge.

Material Choices:

Since this was a tradition castle style, I wanted to use a simple stone texture for the castle itself while also using wood textures for the bridges and gates. This would give some contrast to the design and help the viewer see them. For the moat I was able to use the basic water texture with displacement to create a realistic river. Lastly, for the grass I used a simple green matte texture to simulate grass along the sides of the moat.


No comments:

Post a Comment