Monday, February 3, 2020

Twinkle Shah: Project 1: Crown Castle


Image result for british crown




Concept: My design is inspired by the structure of a British crown, that has a radial balance and structures that meet the top at a point. I think this design has a very rich, royal, and elegant look to it, which is why I think it was the perfect inspiration for a castle. 
Ghosted Painted Black


Layers

As you can see in the central structure, I have several structures that meet at the top where there is a cone shape. I used a variation of the center circle to construct the tops of the minarets. 



Process:
I used the array polar function several times, to create the pipes that go around in a circle, connecting the base to the top point of the central crown. I created the base out of a circular prism, and I used the Boolean Difference and Array Polar functions to cut out circles from it, creating a shape that resembles a crown. I used some fillet and chamfer commands especially in the cone type structures of the minarets and in the cylindrical prisms. 

Establishing Shot

Perspective Shot


Materials:

For the materials, I used a pink polished steel for the pipes, a brushed copper for the cone type structures, a white marble for the pillars, and a purple glass for the base of the crown shape. I really like how all the colors and textures of the different materials go together well to create a princess-y, feminine, royal look. I like how the glass material allows you to see the other elements and materials through it, like the end of the pipes, and the other part of the metal poles that are surrounded by the glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment