Monday, February 24, 2020

Rahul Nair: Week 6: Flashlight

Concept:
For my flashlight sleeve, I decided to make my interpretation of the video game character Samus's gun arm. It's not an exact replica because it looks different in most games, so it's more of an amalgamation of designs. It extends a full inch above the top since the gun arm has an attachment that extends out similarly.
Process:
I began with the same flashlight sleeve as the tutorial. After creating the outline using the poly line tool, I filleted and chamfered all of the edges as I saw fit. To create the proper pattern on the upper part I used grid snap to ensure the distance between the indents were identical. After I revolved the main part, I wanted to create the two circles on the side and two wires coming out. I created some cylinders and used the Boolean Difference tool to achieve this. Then, for the top part of the gun I used a polar array to create the connector and then a hollow cylinder around. I then filleted the edges all over.


Materials:
For the materials I used a green metal as the main body. I then chose a slightly duller metallic green for the little cylinders on the side. The little energy cables are made of glass, sort of to imply that there's something running through it. The inside is a blackish brushed steel, only really visible from the open end of the gun.



No comments:

Post a Comment