Sunday, February 23, 2020

Project 2 3D Print: Isaac Wieland

Concept: After playing around in TopMod, I really enjoyed how easy it was to create symmetrical objects. Because of this, I wanted to create a radially symmetrical ball/ cylinder with odd struts holding it together. I wanted to create something almost alien looking, but with a distinct organic touch in the supporting structures.


Process: I mainly used the "Add Handle (Shape Interpolation Mode)" tool to connect two opposing pentagonal faces from a soccerball object. After this, I used the Wireframe tool with a length and width of 0.200. I finished the TopMod portion of the model by applying Catmull Clark twice. I then opened the model in Rhino to stretch the object vertically to make it a cylinder.


Materials: For materials I chose a blue heavy frosted glass that I slightly altered. I edited the transparency distance and roughness to make the texture more opaque, as well as darkening the more dense intersections on the object. I wanted to make this object appear to be a decorative sculpture that could sit on a desk as an art piece. For my environment, I chose a modern office in a high-rise, as I felt that best fit the direction I was looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment