Monday, February 3, 2020

Delaney Conroy: Week 1 Castle

Concept: Since the prompt was castle, I thought of my favorite kingdom, and based my design off of Claude Monet's gardens, specifically his Japanese bridge. I took inspiration from the forms of the bridge and the waterlilies that he painted. The simple, natural, and airy feel of Monet's gardens and bridge were the ideas I wanted to encapsulate in my piece.


http://giverny.org/gardens/fcm/giverny.jpg

Technique: This was my first ever 3D model and I definitely learned a lot during the creation of this model. The technique I used was a lot of duplication of forms to create uniformity in the support accents of the bridge. I used the create arc tool to make the lotus like structures that lead up to the bridge. If I were to expand on this project I would push the bridge aspect of the model more


Materials: For the materials of this piece, I used more natural materials to reflect the naturalness of the inspiration's concept. Woods were used for the roof and body of the build, while the conical supports were made of grey frosted glass. The outer ring and lotus guards were concrete, which grounded the piece and provided contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment