Monday, February 3, 2020

Eddy Martinez Project 1 Castle


Concept

For my castle I took a more modern approach and designed it around castles/mansions that you find around the Hollywood area. I wanted to make a castle that had multiple levels and had patio on top the 1st floor. Most of my references came from images of modern houses that where listed for sale and one thing I noticed is that that all seem to have a cube like form around their design.


Process

 I used extrusions, curves, and geometric shapes to create the base layout of the castle then used Boolean difference to carve in and shape the castle to give a nice look. While creating the shapes I also used Boolean union in order to combine the shapes and organize the structure.


Materials

For texturing I used materials that where commonly used in the construction of the buildings such as wood, stone, and concrete. In order to have the materials fit with each other I went in the materials and altered their original colors to make the textures fit





No comments:

Post a Comment