Sunday, February 2, 2020

Jack Purcell: Project 1 Castle

Concept
My castle model is based on a Dyson Sphere. I wanted to create a sort of futuristic space castle. The Dyson sphere pumps the harvested light from the star through the tubes surrounding the main sphere and the frame serves to protect the whole structure.
Process
I used duplicates of larger rings to do a Boolean difference operation to create the channels in the sphere. I extruded a shape path created from a curve Boolean to create the frame. Lastly I used fillets to round the edges of the larger frame.
Material
I wanted the interior sphere to feel strong so I used a glossy metal material. For the tubes I used an emissive material to show that they were carrying light. Finally for the frames surrounding the sphere I used a gem transparent material to seem like they're made of hardened minerals.


No comments:

Post a Comment