Monday, February 24, 2020

Vee Valavil: Week 6 Flashlight Model


Design Intent
The design intent was to create a flashlight that reflected the exciting, awe-inspiring scenery of where the Rolling Loud Concert will be held which is Miami, Florida. I wanted the flashlight to look like the poster for the event that is shown below:


I wanted all the colors in the poster to be reflected on the flashlight model I created

Modeling Techniques
I created the flashlight outline using Curve Boolean to define all of the edges of the flashlight. After using Curve Boolean, I filleted all the sharp surface to provide a sleek, modern design to the flashlight. From there I used Rotate to take the initial template, do a full circle rotation, and create an outline for the flashlight.
To add the designs on the flashlight I used Flow along the surface by first creating a template of the designs that I wanted implemented on the flashlight and applying it to the flashlight surface. 




Material Choices
I chose plastic as the material and bright, vibrant, contrasting colors to bring out the designs implemented on the flashlight



No comments:

Post a Comment