Monday, February 13, 2017

Anisha Chaudhary: Week 5 Prosthetic Leg Sketches




Concept:
I imagined my prosthetic leg as a fashion statement initially. The idea of having prosthetic heels that are see through seemed interesting. I then thought of what Aimee Mullins was saying and how the children she was talking to said she could have super abilities, including the ability to fly. I decided to make mine into a super human prosthetic to give the user the ability to fly. I added rings across it to make it aesthetically pleasing. Each will be filleted to make a soft edge. The heels will have holes in the sole to make them very light. The wings will be sharp and with fairy like tips.
 Techniques:I will use the Crv2View command to create the heel. I will then use Loft to close it. I will use a solid paraboloid that I manipulate to make the opening of the heel. I will use custom made curves to make the holes in the heel. For the rings I will use torus shapes and resize them. I will use a planar cut to separate the back from the front. I will use custom curves for the wings and use a sweep2 to close them.
Materials:
I will have to experiment with color concepts for this shoe. Part of me is thinking of making it sleek with white plastic and gold. That is if I continue with a futuristic fashion statement. I am also thinking of doing light green colors to make it fairy like. I think this piece can go in a lot of directions using different materials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment