Monday, February 6, 2017

Michael Creamer: Week 4 Toy Hammer




My concept for the hammer was predominantly inspired by the DeWalt toy hammer that my cousin plays with. I wanted to make my hammer with a friendlier grip and a smoother curvature.

For the head I created a curve that had the basic hammer shape but was squared off, which I then extruded and filleted. For the fork I used a rhombus and then Boolean difference to cut away. The face was created by rectangular curves which I then swept. Sweep was also utilized to create the curvature of the neck and the shape of the handle. I then projected a curve onto the handle and used the pipe command to pop that curve out. Of course, I then filleted the whole thing.

I chose bright red and blue because those colors are not used together often, except in patriotic stuff and children's products. I liked the idea of a clear plastic for the head of the hammer and a slightly shiny plastic for the handle. The grip is intended to emulate rubber with a metallic paint, like many toys have.





No comments:

Post a Comment