Monday, February 27, 2017

Darrius Williams Mid-Term Leg Model






concept:

For my prosthetic leg design I want to merge a few concepts together. for the primary shape I going with something very close to the outer shape of a human leg but the higher thigh cup for the knee nube im going to go for a plated of robotic look. for the details I wanted to go for a carved stone like leg. I wanted to adorn it with precious metals with some strong bump maps for a rough and pitted look.




                                                                                      Modeling:
 the modeling technique i used was strongly focused on what I could do with the project tool. I was attempting to mimic the armor of a samurai as well ass bring in elements from some legs i saw online such as cut outs and a knee holder that i made using the revolve tool. i had issues using offset surface. it constantly spit up bad meshes.
                                                                    Materials:
fort materials used gold and silver as my primary colors and materials as well as adding bump maps for pitting texturing. the majority of the leg is made of white marble with blue veins. as well the knee is made of gold and silver. one metal in the outside and gold on the inside.

1 comment: