Monday, February 6, 2017

Lisa Brasier: Week 4 Hammer





Before starting this project, I searched for pictures of Viking tools and weapons for inspiration. I decided to go with a simpler design since I’m still learning how to use Rhino.Many of the tools had worn, rough surfaces and leather details.
I used curves to shape the profile of the handle and used sweep 2 to fill it in, curves for the middle square and extruded, and curves the hammer and used revolve. To make the axe I started with a sphere and shaped it using control points. The rope was made using a line projected onto the surface of the hammer and the pipe command.

I used dark wood material for the handle. I couldn’t get a good look of leather or fabric for the rope so I went with matte plastic instead. The top of the hammer is scratched steel to give it a used look.

No comments:

Post a Comment