Sunday, February 5, 2017

Darrius Williams: week 4 Mouse








Concept:
For my mouse model I based it on on crustaceans. specifically the trilobite and the horseshoe crab. i felt that the natural shape of those two creatures would lend well to a mouse design.I wanted this design to come off very symmetrical and circular. the shells of those animal also had many band like structures which is what i primarily focused on during the modeling.








Technique:
the techniques I used where pretty straight forward. i used curves to get the desired profile. Then I used the revolve tool to create the solid shape. I used a square curve to outline what i wanted to remove, then used the trim command to create a flat bottom. I used a elongate rectangle to inlay a hole for my mouse wheel and a ellipse to make the wheels scoop. 


Materials: 
My primary materials where metals such as brushed gold in the ring valley areas with a barely shiny steel finish for the mountain ridged areas. for the from head of the mouse i used a brown marble and more gold in the front semi-circle and the mouse wheel scoop. and for the mouse wheel itself I used black marble.

No comments:

Post a Comment