Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Kyle Walker: Week 5 Prosthetic Accessory

Front reference

Side reference
Ghosted

Break up

Keyshot back

keyshot front




Inspiration and Influences
The Inspired by the ted talk shown in class, and how the woman with the prosthetic legs was saying just because you have prosthetic doesn't mean you are disabled or weak and they can be fashionable. So I got started thinking about a game called Monster Hunter and in it you go out on quest and slay giant monsters and you collect resources from that hunt to make armor and equipment. So I thought about one of the armors from the game that would look strong and cool.

Modeling techniques
I used few different styles to get the required look. I first used the a curve to get the basic shape of the model then I used the revolve operation to get a surface to work with. then I used points to refine the model a bit more, and then I used a sphere to make the scales by using the points to get the look I thought was right. Then I used an polar array to make multiple scales and then duplicated them down until the scales looked right and finally used the boolean operation to combine it all.

Material and lighting
On the back of the prosthetic I use materials that resembles a metallic steel material so that it would look like it would look more like the material I thought it needed and on the front a red carbon fiber to give it a look that was shiny but non metallic. On the scales I used a plastic material to give it some what of a look like of scales of the keratin.

No comments:

Post a Comment