Monday, February 6, 2017

Maizie Desmarais: Week 4 Hammer




My Hammer was heavily based of off a World of Warcraft weapon. I still tried to keep mine a little more realistic than having magic float around it like in the game and wanted to stick with metals. If I had more time I would have also engraved something in the middle of the hammer like a crest and added some type of fur by the handle.

Modeling techniques I used were mostly primitive-based. I did use a curve for the end of the hammer and used Boolean Union to keep everything together. Fillet edge was used to smooth out the edges between the hard surfaces. 

Like I said previously, I wanted a more realistic hammer and not so cartoon-ish like in the game. Metals were the primary material use with a rubber grip on the handle. I wanted my hammer to be shiny and polished to a assigned nicer metals such as Stainless Steel and Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment