Sunday, February 5, 2017

David Rake - Mouse - Week 4





Concept:
For my mouse instead of doing smoothed pieces I tried a layered look. I had the two buttons break off from the rest of the layers and made into two separate pieces. After finishing the core features the gap at the front felt empty so a mouse-wheel type object was added with a cylinder through the middle instead of built onto a platform to add a suspended look.


Technique:
The bottom layer was drawn with curves. Each following layer was duplicated from the last and scaled down then manually edited with the control points to add shape from layer to layer. Such as the gap at the front had a short distance from layer to layer while the back had a larger gap. The core layers (all except the buttons) were union-ed then filleted with a heavy fillet at the bottom to be definitively smooth.


Materials:
Originally I went for a wood texture but it just wasn't looking as good as I hoped. I settled for a plastic material that most real world mouses share as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment