Sunday, February 5, 2017

Brandon Wehenkel: Hammer



Ghosted Black


Ghosted Colored


Concept:  I'm a gamer who doesn't play a whole lot of variety.  I play one or two different games over and over.  Where I got my inspiration was from two tools/weapons.
Thor's Hammer
Berzerker class battle axe from Tera
I liked both so I molded them together to make one very large hammer.


Keyshot 1


Modeling Techniques:
I started with the Tang by creating a Truncated cone, then on the ends put two Toruses with varing sizes.  Then I created a polyline and turned it into a pipe with rounded edges.  I caped the pipe with a truncated cone on each end.  Then I moved to the bottom of the handle and created 3 cones of various sizes and 4 pyramids.  Two of the pyramids I used bend to create curvature.

Then I dissected one of the curves for the hammer tutorial we had in class and turned it into a blade.  I did that by projecting curves and splitting the curve to a desired length.  I manipulated an outside curve slightly larger and then I connected them with my cutting polylines from earlier.  I joined the curves then extruded to create a sizable blade.  Then I used ChamferEdge on the exterior handle curve to 3.91245 to make the edge as close as possible to simulate a blade edge.  That ended up making a naked edge so I deleted the flat faces on the edges and capped the ends to fix whatever error that happend during the chamfering.

I created 9 more pyramids that simulate spikes for the hammer head and to give some functional decoration to the connecting pieces.  I used 3point rectangle to make the hammer head which I used filletEdge with a handle of 30 and then I chamferEdge to 15 for the outside faces.  I then fillet edged everything that I could with an edge of .05 or .02.

I then created a few pyramids and duplicated to a total of 63 and created a tenderizer on the hammer face.  Lastly I used the helix tool to make a decorative handle.  I made a pipe with the helix curve, duplicated it and used BooleanDifference to create the cut.  I liked it with the pipe still in so I can make it a different texture when I render it.



Keyshot 2


Materials:
Titanium Metal, Titanium Brushed Metal, Brass Scratched Metal then recolored it to look like Titanium,  Nickel Scratched Metal then added a red swatch. Mohogany Wood then changed the color to have a dark orange/brown color.


Keyshot 3

I didn't like the wood I had initially, so I used the wood planks material, changed the size of the texture, the color, and the direction.



Keyshot 4

No comments:

Post a Comment