Sunday, February 12, 2017

Michelle Ignacz: Week 05 Prosthetics Sketch

Prosthetic Sketch

View 01

View 02

View 03


Upon original design concept I was going for a Victorian style arm prosthetic that attaches from the bicep down to the hand. As I continued to draw out the arm, the style choice began to change and now is reminiscent of an Aztec/Roman design that I can see decorated in fruitful feathers of varying color or gold leaflet crowns.
Most of my design construction will be using circles and some organic shapes to help rough out the main arm skeletal structure and then applying some rectangles for the rest of the plating. I forsee using PolarArray a lot for most of the "feather structure to help save on time and placement. After that perhaps using BooleanDifference and BooleanUnion to help join a lot of the objects. Still trying to figure what else may be used. Pipe could be used for the lace structure towards the top of the prosthetic. 
I think I may be using leather and some gold material for some of the main body, after that I haven't decided yet on what I want to use for the feathers on the upper bicep and wrist. I am hoping that perhaps I could find something online and download a material for a feather material to help out with the texture appearance. It may change as I go since nothing is quite set in stone yet.


Side note: Due to some complications, there will be an updated post of this soon since Rhino is having difficulty with PictureFrame currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment