Sunday, February 5, 2017

Michelle Ignacz: Week 04 Mouse


Mouse No Naked Edges

Mouse Layers

Mouse Shot 01

Mouse Shot 02


For design influences, I had used the idea of a morse code machine for the mouse. The original concept is based off of a foot pedal instead of a hand held one but I adapted it to fit my needs as I added the buttons and a palm rest that only allows you to move the mouse if your hand is resting upon it. If it is moved otherwise it will not recognize the action. No more accidentally hitting the mouse and sending the cursor off into space.

For modeling concepts I primarily used a mixture of creating my main objects by line segments, mirroring it, and then extruding the curves. After that most of my objects are a conglomeration of boolean union and boolean difference. For wire use I had used line segments and pipes to give it the nice cord for the mouse to attach. Similar to the hammer project, I just kept trying to fill what was structurally sound on the mouse, such as how it attaches and the like, for the main design and construct.

On materials, I kept it pretty simple with a black walnut wood for the main base, a rough plastic for the center piece, all screws and some cylinder bases have brass hammered metal as their material. The arm and cylinders have stainless steel brushed to bring out the contrast. The feet, the palm pad, the buttons, and the wire all use a rubber material for comfort use and the sake of safety in electrical wires. After that I used an emissive white light for the laser eye at the bottom of the mouse. I was going for a traditional/steampunk style. I feel like by using a pop-like metal appearance around the dark wood would draw the user's eyes to all of the additional attachments on the mouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment