Monday, February 6, 2017

Michael Creamer: Week 4 Mous




For my mouse I wanted to make something between retro and modern. I like the chunky yet smooth shapes of the seventies and eighties, but I would use more modern materials and it would be wireless.

I started by creating rounded rectangular curves and sweeping them together. I separated the bottom piece and filleted the edge between. I then added a hexagonal scroll wheel and cut out a space for it to rest as well as a ridge to stop dirt from lodging itself into the crevice. I then filleted it all over, except the separation between right and left mouse button, mimicking real mouses.

To contrast the old-school shapes, I used modern materials for the texture.The whole thing is made of different plastics. The buttons are shinier to make them pop a bit more and the scroll wheel is a clear plastic, simply because it looked coolish.


No comments:

Post a Comment