Sunday, February 26, 2017

timothy smiley midterm






Inspiration

I like the look and functionality of scale armor.Many armor pieces in the middle ages was made of one or two pieces when they should have multiple interlocking layers for maximum protection. I took this idea with a pair of grievers and it made for a interesting prosthetic that I would use if i had one.

modeling techniques

I used a series of projected curves on the foot model given to us.Once I had the basic shape I point edited them to create some interest in the shape.I then lofted the together.The boot was made with a sweep 2 rail and a patch for the bottom.

material and lighting

I used a steele material and increased the roughness. I wanted it to look like armor so that silvery texture was the obvious choice.












1 comment: