Monday, February 6, 2017

Sarah Roberson: Mouse


Concept:
For my mouse, I wanted to replicate the mouse from a game called Pounce. It is a game where you have to get out of the way when the plunger goes down. I played it a lot as a kid and its a game that is really near and dear to my heart. I originally wanted to add ears and make it look like a mouse, but then I changed the idea and made it more abstract. The blue clicker portions of the mouse are where you actually click on it and I made it to one, fit the mouse, but also look like ears.  



Modeling Techniques:
For the modeling techniques, I used a lot of rebuilding shapes and stretching it out. For the actual mouse, I manipulated a sphere into an ellipsoid type shape, making the back end more round and the front end more pointed to give it more of a ergonomic shape. For the clickers, I did the same thing I did with the main mouse, but did it with an ellipsoid. I molded it to the shape of the top of the mouse so that it felt and looked like more of the main body, but I wanted it raised that way you could definitely tell that it was there. I also created a curve which I extruded into a pipe to create both the tail and the etching on the side of the main body. I really had fun with the pipe tool.




Material Choices:
I used for my material choices inside of Keyshot, I used metallic paints. The white was inspired by the white in the mice above, and the tan and blue colors of the clickers and the scroll wheel were to accentuate their existence. I was going to do different color schemes with the mouse, but didn't get the chance to do that. I hope to maybe do that in the future to further explore the color schemes and material choices that Keyshot has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment