Monday, February 20, 2017

Randall Villegas: Week05 Prosthetic

Concept: For my concept, I knew I wanted something robotic but, I wasn't sure the exact direction. While looking through a few different ideas, I stumbled upon some Iron Giant pictures and thought it would be the perfect child's prosthetic. 



     In the film, the Iron Giant gets upset when threatened and turns his arm into a weapon, I decided to keep the transformation portion, but instead of it being a weapon it would just be a child's toy that lights up and makes sound on command. This is also an addition I wanted to make as I knew, from a modeling perspective, it would be easier as much of the prosthetic is composed of primitive/simple shapes                                                                                                                                                                                             

     I had considered other things such as an Iron Man arm, but I really wanted something unique that would stand out in an understated way.




Modeling: I'll use a sweep or something similar to create polygonal shape that creates the center of the body, while simple primitives will get the majority of the innards. For the fingers, I will likely do some modeling in Maya to sculpt them how I want. 



Materials:  I will either use an Iron or matte grey plastic, I feel Iron wouldn't be a realistic choice, although it would fit thematically, and a plastic would make the most sense for the prosthetic. I will using a green,.glowing material inside the barrel of the arm and will add some color variation to the details of the arm


No comments:

Post a Comment