Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sam Vandygriff- Prosthetic mid term






Mini gun Arm Prosthetic


Concept
For my concept I wanted a weapon that connects directly to the users arm and elbow. Once connected it becomes a permanent part of the users body. The design changed quite a bit from my original sketch. Instead of going for a futuristic look like in the sketch I decided to go more modern and imagined a gun prosthetic that would be designed for this day and age.


Materials
For the materials I went with a rugged steel for the primary components of the prosthetic. The weapon also features modern light weight carbon fiber for ease of use for the user and allows for better mobility. The prosthetic also has a red leather material for the handle, gas canister straps, and cushioning around the arm.




Technique
The techniques i used were mostly creating simple surfaces then using commands like Boolean difference and combine to make sure all the parts fit seamlessly. Curves also played an integral part in the design process. I also had a few issues with naked edges that were really giving me troubles but after finding the cap command that solved all my issues and now my model has zero naked edges!










No comments:

Post a Comment