Saturday, February 4, 2017

timothy smiley Hammer




concept

A regular old hammer just wouldn't do for me. I need something far more grand then that for my designs. I looked up war hammer and stumbled across some cool designs and so  started drawing up some concepts for an interesting compositions. It was hard to come up with something that I liked but I found something that worked and modeled it

modeling techniques

I was amazed at how easy the hammer head was once I connected the curves just right it just came together with the sweep 2 command and it looked great. the base i did with another revolve and it all made exactly what I wanted. I am really beginning to see the value of nurbs modeling and it raw power.

materials

I love the brassy look on things so I went with a gold texture and used cherry wood on the handle. With time maybe i could learn how to put multiple texture together in keyshot and make some grunge texture to add interest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment