Sunday, February 26, 2017

Simon Fields: Week 4 3D Print


 Ghosted

Sketch

For my 3d print I chose not to do a flashlight but to do a character bust based off one of my drawings. Keeping the theme as with most of my assignments I am doing the cute and creepy style. 

View 1

View 2

View 3

I modeled this bust completely in Rhino. I utilized a lot of Curves and sweeps and booleans to create the interesting shapes that I have done. Because of how specific my design was it was fairly time-consuming trying to get the model to look as close to my design as possible without a compromising hell it would 3D print.

In keyshot I utilized fabric type materials. I also used metallics so it could shine where it needed to be. For the color scheme I did an accent and monochromatic Style similar to my castle and my flashlight.

When it came time to submit the file for 3D printing I had to go back and redesign the hair. The hair and the first model was too intricate and would take a lot more time to get done and there was a lot more holes in my original design. I had to go back and Rhino to fill unnecessary gaps and change the hair.









No comments:

Post a Comment