Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sam Vandygriff - Mouse

Reference










Concept:
For my mouse model I tried to design something that would be my dream mouse. I wanted to go for a design that was sleek and elegant while also being comfortable. My mouse would be ultra light weight and have unique grooves to grip the users palm better.





Technique:
 For my design I used curves to get the desired shape. For detail and to finish i used fillets and chamfers for  very nice smooth edges. My ultimate goal was to create something that was something that I would use and not something gimmicky. When creating the model I made sure that nothing was too bulky so I used mostly curves to acquire the nice smooth shaping.




Materials: 
My primary materials where plastics and rubber. I went with a black plastic for the primary color and then chose a dark grey rubber material for the top half of the mouse to help grip the users palm. I also added grey rubber sections on the sides of the mouse to help grip the thumb. I added it on both sides to accommodate or left or right handed person



No comments:

Post a Comment