Monday, February 6, 2017

Lisa Brasier: Week 4 Mouse






For week 4’s assignment, I wanted to make the world’s most uncomfortable mouse or at least one that was inconvenient. While the mouse has a smooth, comfortable shape, I added pieces to the outside that are generally uncomfortable to put weight on.

To make the basic mouse shape, I started with a sphere, rebuilt it, and reshaped it with the control points. I did the same thing to make the axe piece on the back. I used curves, pipe, and Boolean difference to add indentations onto the surface. The spikes are made out of four and five sided pyramids. I used polar array to make the rolling button.

I used metals on the body of the mouse save for a piece in the middle that is plastic. I used scratched metals in some spots to give it a look of wear. For the cord, I used soft rough black to give it the look of a real plastic cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment