Monday, February 27, 2017

Maizie Desmarais: Week 8: Prosthetic








My prosthetic shoe was based off multiple video game character shoes, especially the Paladin. I wanted to have something more armor based and different from shoes we wear today. I also wanted the armor to be optional to wear, so there are strings in the back to hold it up against the boot for a unique design. 

To create the basic shape of the boot, I used multiple curves to get what I wanted in the front and on the side proportional. I then lofted with those curves and had to rebuild the geometry to get a simpler and smoother looking model. For the armor I also used curves of the shape I desired then mirror over to keep it as even as possible. After I had the final curve I duplicated it behind and used sweep rail 2 to connect and patch for each side. To keep the strings attached to the armor I created rings with a torus and used boolean difference to connect it inside the armor so the laces could loop around.

Armor is primarily metal-based so I used a gold material to render out as if it were metal. The boot is suppose to be comfortable with a softer look to it, so for that I used a cloth material. The laces were also cloth and the rings were a black metal that will stand out from the gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment