Monday, February 6, 2017

Simon Fields: Week 4 Hammer



Ghosted

View 1

View 2

View 3

My inspiration for the hammer I wanted to continue to incorporate the cute and creepy concept; and the use of spikes! I wanted to hammer to look cute but deadly. I like the way some artists I follow turn something dangerous into something that is seemingly harmless, but still deadly.

In Rhino I relied heavily on curves again. Being able to draw out curves into different shapes gives me more freedom of how I want my design to look. I also used a lot of BooleanDifference commands to help me carve out the hammer in certain spots. I also used FilletEdges to be able to smooth out some of the edges to give the hammer a bit more believably.  

I used mostly metallic materials in Keyshot to make sure the hammer was had its metal gleam where it needed to be. I used used a wood and plastic texture for the handle so that there is contrast between the materials. For the colors I went a different route like my ducky and used pastel colors to make the hammer look more soft hearted.

No comments:

Post a Comment