Monday, February 6, 2017

Jeremiah Baker - Mouse

ghosted painted black

ghosted with material assignments

render 01

render 02


Concept:
     This model is inspired from the classic version of the apple mouse. It's interesting to look back on old technology and see how far it has come.

Modeling Techniques:
     I began by creating the basic shape of the mouse using rectangles. I had some trouble with the fillets when joining all the objects together, so I broke the main body up into two halves. The fillets on the arc on the top created a naked edges, so I used 'create surface from curves' to fill the holes. For the indention around the bottom, I projected a curve onto the object and used pipe and boolean difference to get create the cut. For the clicker, I used a rectangle at the right angle, and a scaled up version to cut out the hole for it. I then used fillet to smooth it out. For the final touch, I drew a crude 'apple' logo with curves, extruded it, and used boolean difference to make the cutout.

Materials Used:
I used a rough beige plastic texture to simulate the worn plastic that would be found on an old mouse. All the other surfaces are just different shades of this texture, to make the object seem like it was made out of the same material.


No comments:

Post a Comment