Sunday, February 26, 2017

Simon Fields: Week 8 Midterm Prosthetic


View 1

View 2

View 3

Using the Castle from the first assignment I was able to keep the theme of the creepiness and dangerous that the model has. I was able to keep a similar color scheme as well. I went with sort of a steampunk robotic arm type replacement with a shoulder sling.

When Modeling I used both Maya and Rhino back and forth to try and get the look I was going for. I used filletEdges and curves to help shape the model as well as the Boolean tools. After Modeling I used Maya to UV unwrap my model because I wanted to try and give the arm it's own prosthetic. Like before In the progress post I used a program called Substance Painter to do the textures.

When I brought in my model to Keyshot I started placing in base materials so that I can change the textures when ready to. I did run into a problem; Only one part of my model took the UV textures I had made. I tried to fix the problem by re-exporting my model in Maya and double checking my Uvs and maps but it kept not showing up. It is a bummer, but I am still happy with it's final result and I'll try to improve from this and learn from my mistakes. I used metal textures for the rest of the model and modified them as best I could So it at least remotely matches the part of the arm that has the custom texture on it.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice project. Professor Scott will ask you to combine your progress into one blog. So I'm just letting you know ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete