Monday, February 6, 2017

Randall Villegas: Week04 Hammer


Concept: I wanted to make a weapon, but not something one would typically think of when talking about hammers or the like. A keg headed hammer seemed like just that. My dad is a carpenter so I knew I wanted to used wooded keg and have wooden details throughout.
   Being quite unwieldy and whimsical, I imagine this weapons would be used by some ogre or other large and dumb creature and they would take chugs between battles.

Modeling: I created a cylinders for the base of my hammer and used extruded curves that I used arrayPolar on the cut the boards out. The stopper on top is a simple Sphere and cylinder I used boolean union on. the bands were made by using a curve and extruding it for the width and height.
    For the handle, I created the basic outline I wanted with a curve and revolved it to get the basic shape. I then added the rings by using a boolean union with some cylinders. Finally, I cut out the metal handle with a tube using boolean difference.


Materials: I used an oak for the barrel and stopper. This is a wood that is used historically for kegs that hold alcoholic liquids so I thought it would be fitting to match that. The wooden parts of the handle are a walnut, which is a very strong wood that also help[s separate the handle from the keg. The black metal bands on the keg and rings on the handle are a steel I adjusted to black and tuned the roughness up on. The metal handle is a brushed steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment