Monday, February 6, 2017

Rebecca Genung: Mouse


I wanted to make a jewel beetle (of no particular species), but when I got to the legs and antennae I decided that I didn't like them. I ended up with a simplified version of my original idea.

For the technique, I basically followed the tutorial but did things differently to fit my beetle idea. Turns out that was a bad idea, so I had to go back and redo a lot of parts to make everything work in the end.

For materials, I want to make something that looked like a literal jewel beetle. I used colors that are common in jewel beetles, such as their trademark bright green casing. The bottom was originally black but I found that any color made the rest of the mouse too dark, so I switched it to a light that would illuminate the whole top part. Coincidentally, this makes the top view resemble the insect even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment