Monday, February 6, 2017

Anisha Chaudhary: Week 4 Mouse







Concept:
I got inspiration for the shape of my mouse from a Logitech wireless mouse. The head of that mouse was a rounded square shape that turned into an ellipse at the back. I want the user to have the option of using a wheel scroll or a touch pad to move their cursor. That is why I made a large gap in between the bottom of the mouse and the top.

Modeling:
I started by making a curve to get the general shape of the bird's eye view of the mouse. I then mirrored it, and used an arc to make the middle curve and manipulated it to the shape I wanted. I duplicated the base curve to make the very bottom part of the mouse, and extruded and patched it. I used Boolean Union to combine the objects. I then used a pipe and the command Boolean 2 Objects to make the indents on the top part of the mouse. I used a torus to make the scroll wheel, and an extruded curve to make the touch pad. The gap was made by a wide scaled paraboloid.

I remade this model twice because I was having a lot of trouble with combining the base with the top part of the mouse. It may have been because the bottom part was not a closed polysurface.

Materials:
I used Hard Red Shiny plastic for my mouse wheel. I used Matte Grey for the mouse's body. I used tire for the touch pad and the wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment