Monday, February 27, 2017

Lisa Brasier: Week 8 Prosthetic



 
 


 

 

 
The concept for my leg prosthetic is a shoe with tree branches wound around the bottom that travel up and around human skulls. I wanted the branches to start off narrow towards the bottom and get wider as the climb.
I built a network surface in the general shape I wanted the branches to follow. Then I used the interpolate on surface curves and, for the most part, traced the image I drew directly onto the leg. I was initially going to use sweep 2 to make the branches but, after failing miserably, decided to use pipe on the curves and ended up with a much cleaner design that could be easily tweaked and adjusted. The skulls are made from spheres that I shaped using control points and Boolean difference.
I used porcelain on the skulls and wood texture on the branches with the roughness turned up some. The shoe portion is rough grey plastic and marble for the middle. The marble has some nice details that I think makes an interesting addition.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment