Monday, February 27, 2017

Darrius Light Saber Rebuilt mid term



concept:
For my model i wanted wanted to achieve the look of an old sith light saber. I looked at designs of lightsabers in starwars and in the books to get an idea what the sith would carry. i also wanted to use alchemy symbols since the sith dabble in magic.



for my model i use the revolve tool get the base after I used the split and trim tools to add some more rounded shapes. i uses extruded tubes to pit the handle and boolean union and difference to add the cut ins.



material wise, my saber has and old look. chipped "old" metallic paint as well as highlights of red to make the body pop. after i sanded it with rough grit sand paper. the overall look appears as if its been lost for decades and is ready for more battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment