Sunday, February 26, 2017

Simon Fields: Week 6 Prosthetic Progress





Progress
I have been using the trial version of Rhino on my laptop because of the limited times I have to be able to be on campus; but it still has all of its functions intact until the trial runs out. I did have some trouble with the image frame, so I modeled the basic shapes in Maya because I was able to have the image in the view port. Then I moved to rhino add the extra details because Rhino's interface is easier for me to navigate and I was able to get what I needed done fast.

Substance Painter

After Finishing the model I UVed it in Maya then I saved the file as an FBX file format so I can import it and its map into Substance Painter. This software makes it a lot easier to create custom material maps and normal maps for models without having to worry about seem issues. It can also still paint a model that hasn't already been UVed in another program. I hope I can get the maps to work right in Keyshot when I am ready for import.

No comments:

Post a Comment