Sunday, February 26, 2017

Jason Doze: Week 8 Prosthetic Cover

 Front


 Side


Back


Naked Edges/Ghosted


Exploded/Layers


 
 Shot 1


Shot 2
 
 

Concept-  My prosthetic leg cover was intended to have some organic curves that follow along the sides with some circular holes punched out.  I haven't seen a clear prosthetic yet, so I wanted to create a cover that had a thick acrylic look with some color accents to make it pop.  Instead of covering up the inner structure of the leg prosthesis, I wanted the last to open up the apparatus for all to see and do it in a interesting and dynamic way. 


Materials-  I used all plastics for the prosthetic to attain the look I was going for.  Clear, shiny and rough plastics of varying colors with one fully opaque hard white plastic to break up the transparency of the last.  I played around with some emissive light but decided to make the last look as real as possible to my vision.


Technique-  Although I started with reference sketches that I quickly deviated from after learning create uv curves, and flow along surface last week.  I tried dozens of different designs with flow along surface and ultimately sketched a set of curves connecting two stars.  I used mirror, trim, filet, boolean difference, cones, circles, stars, extrude, and create uv with flow along surface to obtain the image I rendered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment