Sunday, February 7, 2016

Alec McKay: Week 3 Hammer


Concept: I was inspired by hammer weapons I’ve seen in video games, as well as Thor’s hammer. For a hammer that’s being used as a weapon, it needed to be heavy so it could do some damage. The decorative spikes are for a more intimidating look.


Modeling Techniques: To create the grooves on the handle, I used a linear array to evenly space out several thin tori along the handle. Then I used difference to cut the grooves out using the tori. The shape of the head involved lots of trimming from projected lines.


Materials: The head of the hammer had to be a heavy stone, so I went with a gray granite. The handle is made of wood, with wood pieces where the spikes are attached. The spikes are both made of a polished metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment