Monday, February 15, 2016

Eric Lam USB


 Concept- For this model, I used a flash drive my friend used to use in high school as inspiration. It was cylindrical shaped and was made of aluminum. I flattened the shape down and added bars all around it. 


Modeling Techniques- I used the image provided in the tut. as a bitmap background as reference for the usb's connector. I also used it as reference for the length and width. I created a rectangular shape as a guide for the connector and the cap. The cap, connector holes, and connector pins were created with boolean difference as well. I used extrude from curve for the lanyard hole. I used mirror to create the bars surrounding the usb.Most of the sharp edges were filleted as well.



Materials- I used rough aluminum for the case. The usb connector consists of slightly roughened/ shiny aluminum as well as blue plastic. This blue plastic was chosen to make the usb seem like a usb 3.0 type. The bars surrounding the usb is a green translucent plastic. The goal was to make it look like it would glow in the dark.



No comments:

Post a Comment