Monday, February 8, 2016

Megan Heard: Week 3 Hammer


Concept: I wanted to do a war hammer and took inspiration from a various videogame/fantasy hammers. 


Technique: I used curves and extrude solid to create the head base, then used project and extrude solid to create where I wanted certain cutouts and Boolean differenced them. The design on the head was created using curves and the pipe solid then Boolean merge. All edges were filleted. The handle gave me a lot of problems; the notches were originally a helix, but fillet wouldn't connect properly so I adapted my design.


Materials: I chose a textured metal for the head to give a rougher, used look. I wished I could have gotten it to look a bit more dusty/dull but I haven't fully figured out the material editor. I chose a rougher, darker wood for the handle to suggest age, but it's also not 100% what I was going for.


No comments:

Post a Comment