Saturday, February 20, 2016

Tara Intyrath: Week 4 - USB

Concept: I don't think USB's need to look crazy or anything like that cause all a person is gonna do is throw in their drawer or bag and that's all you'll see of it until it gets plugged into a computer. Even then you forget about it since you'll just be staring at contents of said USB. This is why for my USB I used the tutorials base image to make my USB. I did small minor details to make it different such as show how much data is on it and gave it a cap as well as a king ring.
Technique: I used all the techniques used in the tutorial for the majority of it but used boolean difference instead of trimming/splitting holes into some parts of the solid as I thought it was faster and easier. I used the FilletEdge command on almost every single edge finding that you really must be careful with the radius because if you end up overlapping too much you can end up with a lot of naked edges. I did have a lot of fun figuring out a lot of the curve tools to make the shapes I wanted such as the text command.
Materials: The materials I used here are very basic plastics and metals. I used a scratched up metal for the USB part though its very subtle as with persistent use USB's do tend to get a little beat up. The key ring is a very simple steel and the rest of the USB is a soft rubber plastic. In the second render I decided to make the cap a transparent plastic to see how the USB would look through it.






No comments:

Post a Comment