Sunday, February 14, 2016

Charlotte Guzman-Russell Week 4: USB

 Concept: For this model, I wanted to make something cute and look similar to a lot of the cheap USBs you can easily pick up at a Walmart or on Amazon. Since frequently lose my USBs in my room or in my bag, I wanted to make the USB look a little bulky so it could be easily found among books or papers.
Technique: I used the project curve tool on the metal part of the USB to create even square holes on the bottom and top of the usb. I also used the boolean difference tool to cut out the face shape. I used the blend surface tool to attach the arms to the body of the USB.

Materials: I used a matte plastic material to give a sort of rubbery look and gave it an bright blue color so it could easily be found if lost. Next I made the metal part of the USB a rough silver material and the part within a white plastic material.



No comments:

Post a Comment