Monday, February 15, 2016

Eric Lam Detergent Bottle


 Concept- This bottle is slightly generic. Basically followed the tutorial and threw in my own minor curves. 
I didn't really like how the tutorial placed the handle, so I placed it on the side. The threaded tutorial also seemed a bit weird. I didn't want my cap to be a plug, so I changed that as well.


Modeling Techniques- I basically followed the tutorial. Used curves to create the guides for the sweep tool. I used the analyze tool for geometric continuities to make sure the shape was smooth. I learned how to use the helix tool to create the threads of the cap. I also used boolean differences to create the cap and handle.


Materials- I used a hard and rough plastic for the main body of the bottle. I choose the color orange because it was similar to a certain brand name people use. The cap is a red and shiny transparent plastic. The first picture make it seem really dark, but the picture below has it appearing red.



No comments:

Post a Comment