Monday, February 15, 2016

Megan Heard: Week 4 Detergent Bottle


Concept: I wanted a curving bottle that didn't really have any squared off shapes. I also decided to add a pour spout.


Technique: I used network surface for the bottle and then did the inner bottle using offset curve and network surface with some edits to the curves. The neck of the bottle was extruded from the bottle and then capped. To get the neck and bottle to blend better I used blend surface. The cap and screw threads were made using the same techniques as in the video tutorials. The pour spout was made with a pipe solid, with the shape desired projected and trimmed, then blended.




Materials: I chose plastics for the bottle; a clear plastic for the spout, a cloudy plastic for the cap, and a rougher plastic for the bottle. If I had more patience I probably would have added layer details in the modeling stage, but this bottle was incredibly frustrating to get to work so I focused on getting the shapes correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment