Sunday, February 7, 2016

Victoria Mayfield: Mouse


Concept: My concept for this mouse was a simplistic and sleek mouse. I researched different types of mouses and didn't find any I really liked. I ended up trying to recreate a mouse that I had when I got my first computer in high school. I no longer have it for reference material, but I feel like I successfully modeled it from memory. 

Modeling: The main new tool that I used for this model was the fillet tool. It allowed me to have curved, finished edges around the base of the mouse, the buttons, and the scroll wheel. I also made use of the curve tool, arc tool and control points. The sweep2 tool allowed me to create the body of my mouse simply by using a few curves. Finally, I created the buttons and scroll wheel using the difference tool, and then filleting the edges, as I mentioned before. 


Materials: I chose the materials I did because I wanted the mouse to closely resemble a mouse that I had when I was younger. The body was a shiny purple plastic, so that's why I chose that. The buttons were a more matte and textured plastic, so with the materials available, I felt that matched best for the buttons. The scroll wheel was also a more rubbery texture, but it was more shiny than matte, so I found one that had more of a sheen to it. The cord is simply a black rubber material since that perfectly matched the mouse that I had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment