Sunday, February 7, 2016

Christopher Clark Hammer





Concept- For this model, I decided to model a war hammer. I watned to model a tough, yet regal handle, so I made an indented leather handle with gems encrusted into it. I imagine that the notches in the hammers spiked side would be able to catch incoming blades.


Modeling Techniques- I also wanted to make sure that I had the same basic shapes as I would have had if I modeled the original hammer so I have the blunt side practically identical and the spiked side using the same boolean difference shape twice. I created a few circles and filleted their edges together to get the basic 2d shape of the handle before extruding the curve. The rest was mostly simple booleans, and fillets.



Materials- I used a few slightly metals to construct most of the hammer. I wanted to use a wooden texture on the neck and a leather texture on the grip so the hammer would look more varied. The gems are also not too pronounced so as to not take away from the main base.


No comments:

Post a Comment