Sunday, February 14, 2016

Charlotte Guzman-Russell Week 4: Detergent Bottle

Concept: For this model, I wanted it to look like something someone would actually purchase at a store while maintaining some level of sleekness. For the final model to bring into KeyShot I projected a curve onto the bottle simply for superficial purposes, so either a label could be applied or the liquid inside could be seen through.

Technique: I used the rail sweep tool with curves to construct the body of the bottle as well as the project curve tool for the label. The screw and cap was fun to make and I used the boolean difference tool and the polar array tool to create the notches on the cap. I then used the fillet edge tool on all the edges I wanted rounded out.

Material: I wanted the bottle to have bright, eye catching colors so that if it were actually in a store someone would see it and consider buying it. I also added a clear plastic material to the projected curve because I thought it would be cool if you could see the liquid detergent inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment