Sunday, February 28, 2016

Jonathan Gloria : "Exotic" Prosthetic Accessory









Concept: For my prosthetic accessory, I was thinking about doing an accessory that you could wear out to a party, or wear it out to go jogging. When I look at pictures of the jogging types of prosthetic legs, I saw a bunch of the prosthetic jogging legs, and they had a bunch of open space with not a lot around. So I made my prosthetic accessory have holes and curves, so that it would be aerodynamic, easy to run in, and still look good out with any prosthetic leg type. 


 Technique: I made the leg out of curves, and cut off the foot part when I finished getting it the right shape. I added different sized rings around the leg, and some of them were at different angles to make it look more interesting. After I added all the rings, I did the Boolean difference to make the dents.I also used some curves to cut the holes out from inside the leg and make the inside holes. I used project to surface on the side that cut off the triangle on the side, and I also used project to cut the back part of the leg to slip it on and off.




Materials: For my prosthetic I used different types of Anodized Rough colors. I tried out the plastic materials, but I wasn't a big fan of how it looked. I really like how the colors looks a little bit like metal. I didn't want it to be super shiny like metal, and I didn't want it to look like it would break easily like plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment